AF Ball Rules of Engagement
Child Care Options:
– Table assignments are final…no changes allowed!
– Seating assignments will be distributed through your units.
– If in need, there will be AF Ball greeters with seating information to assist you to your seat at the event.
There is a room block given by the Hilton Downtown at the current (Per Diem) Government rate.
Group Name is US Airforce Ball. Group Code: _________.
This block of rooms is reserved until 15 September 2017 or till they are gone.
– Review the policy on alcohol consumption and professionalism:
– Since alcohol will be served at the event, members are reminded to review AFI 1-1 paragraph 2.7 & 3.1, stating “You are responsible for exercising good judgment in the use of alcohol, and your use of alcohol must not adversely affect your duty performance or your conduct on or off duty. Projecting a good military image reflects not only on you personally, but also on the Air Force. Appearance matters both on- and off-duty and involves more than just the clothes you wear. Projecting a professional image is paramount.”
– Uniform Policy: The uniform for the Air Force Ball is Mess Dress (mandatory for officers, optional for enlisted) or Semi-Formal Dress (for enlisted not wearing Mess Dress)
– The specific requirements for the Semi-Formal Service Dress uniform can be found in AFI 36-2903 paragraph 4.6 (Males) and 4.7 (Females)
– Civilian Dress: Formal Attire (Tuxedo desired, Business Suit acceptable)
-There will be Luxury transportation provided by BLU MOON TRANSPORTATION for Dorm residents and Traditional Reservists staying in Lodging with no rental vehicle.
-Pick up will be at the new Lodging Facility
Contact Tech. Sgt. Adam Borgman @ TampaAirForceBall@Gmail.com to register.
Times will be determined once interest is determined.
– See map of Fort Brooke Parking Garage (107 N Franklin St, Tampa, FL 33602)
– Complimentary parking will only be provided if you park in the Fort Brooke parking garage. The parking voucher you will receive will work for the evening of the Ball and the next morning for those guest staying overnight at the Hilton Hotel.
– Once parked, proceed to the 3rd Floor skywalk to the Hilton Hotel and an AF Ball greeter will welcome you to the event and hand you a complimentary parking voucher to use upon your departure.
-Limited complimentary beer, wine, hors d’oeuvres will be served. Cash/Credit bars will be served.
– Begins at 5:00pm and lasts until 6:30pm; limited complimentary beer and wine will be served.
– Have a plan of action to arrive home safely before you take a single sip of alcohol!
Dinner & Event:
– Doors Open to the Ballroom at 6:00pm for seating
– Main courses will be served at 8:00pm
– Photography by Moving Warriors Media will have stations open from 1700-1900, 2030-2100 and 2200-2300.
– Post Ceremony Entertainment will be performed by DJ PAPI
– Photo booths, Caricature drawings, “Party Shirt” competition and more!
– JSADD and BLU MOON TRANSPORTATION will be available after the Ball to ensure that everyone arrives home safely.
– DD cards will be located on every guest’s place setting and stapled to all complimentary parking vouchers as a reminder to drive home safely.
– Please remember to maintain a professional military image in your post-ball actions and to think responsibly…safety first!